• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing Persons case file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alds

California-My friend's mother disappeared 20 years ago and still missing There is an open case file with the LAPD. He would like to obtain a copy of the file. He believes there are people that were not questioned and information gathered may be misleading. What is he legally able to obtain from the file and what is the procedure to obtain the file?

amcfreek

i am just trying to help .. personally im just trying to shed light on something ...i may seem incoherant .. oh well here i hope this helps.ok im from pa i am not an attoney..you ppl can criticise me for this but i am just trying to help ,, it may not be "kosher" but
its a tough case , i dont think the police actually have to release the information. but what i would try is to kinda bend thier arm a little .. ok now i am not saying to "do this, " and it will work . just its a sneakey way of getting information..
ok first off what i would do is search anny online place to dig up youre local state law {california statutes http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/calawquery?codesection=all&codebody=missing+persons+&hits=20 http://ccr.oal.ca.gov/cgi-bin/om_isapi.dll?clientID=307246&advquery=missing persons&infobase=ccr&record={21DB}&softpage=Browse_Frame_Pg42&zz= ) as to what laws are applied to police, taking information. holding evidence , missing persons reports , annything related semi related. also federal law freedom of love and information act , not applicable but may scare other party..
right to know laws .. annything that looks some what aproprioate.
and get as many laws as you can get and copy and paste a huge like half a page of all the laws you can find on the subject
so they have to dig , then they get tired and give in a little
in other words if you cant dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bullcrap,//
ok i would send them this nice almost legal looking piece of paper registered certified , to the police involved..
mine would read
i jone doex am writeing this letetr asking for copies of anny and all documents related to case x person x .. i would like all documents preasent in case file taken under these laws ,, Government Code section 13974.1.Authority cited: Sections 13920, 13974 and 13974.1, Government Code; and Section 4906, Penal Code. Reference: 8 U.S.C. Section 1621Sections 13920, 13974 and 13974.1, Government Code; and Section 4906, Penal Code. Reference: 8 U.S.C. Section 1621(b).status as a spouse or child of a United States citizen under 8 U.S.C. section 1154(a)(1)(A)(i) or classification under 8 U.S.C. section 1154(a)(1)(B)(i);
that was just an example not an actual as you need a bit more information that is a pain in the ass to cross referance ..

and give this thing about half a page of what ever you can dig up... you may press the corect buttons on somebody .. then take it to thier boss , youre congressmen .. and maybe a nice threat to the tune of ya know this should be in the news paper..
just do it like gracefully as not to get youreself into trouble but "you feel you have a right to know" ok have fun and ppl please dont flame me for trying to help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">