• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Music Video That Bashes Bush - Slander Or Valid Social Commentary?

• Thread starter AmericanPatriot
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AmericanPatriot

Virginia

I am sick and tired of these liberal hippies bashing the president. It's gotten to the point where one video makes Bush look like he's some **** dictator. It has a puppet or claymation representation of Bush with a digital copy of his face on the puppet as he's standing at a podium. It looks like a **** rally. I was just wondering if this qualifies as slander. Here's a link to the video below. BTW, this music is really weird and from what I've heard this guy was in a band called Skinny Puppy that was known for satanic music and rumors have circulated that they even killed a dog onstage. Anyway, I'm just warning you that the music probably isn't anything anyone here is going to like. Me included.

http://static.zed.cbc.ca/users/x/xtul/files/majik.mov

Does this qualify as slander or is it considered some sort of valid social commentary? Pfft.

HomeGuru

AmericanPatriot said:
Virginia

I am sick and tired of these liberal hippies bashing the president. It's gotten to the point where one video makes Bush look like he's some **** dictator. It has a puppet or claymation representation of Bush with a digital copy of his face on the puppet as he's standing at a podium. It looks like a **** rally. I was just wondering if this qualifies as slander. Here's a link to the video below. BTW, this music is really weird and from what I've heard this guy was in a band called Skinny Puppy that was known for satanic music and rumors have circulated that they even killed a dog onstage. Anyway, I'm just warning you that the music probably isn't anything anyone here is going to like. Me included.

http://static.zed.cbc.ca/users/x/xtul/files/majik.mov

Does this qualify as slander or is it considered some sort of valid social commentary? Pfft.
**A: not slander.

L

loocpoc

If the website is in Canada, how do you propose to shut it down? Public figures are held to a much higher standard when proving slander and unless there is overwhelming evidence that President Cocaine sniffer err Bush was slandered and hinders his ability to make a living, then you will have a case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">