• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shipping products to Nigeria

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dzyner

What is the name of your state? Washington

I've been chatting with a businessman in Nigeria. He wants to use my address as a shipping destination in the US for computer equipment and then arrange for UPS to pick from my address and ship to Nigeria. Is this legal? Can I be in a lot of trouble if I agree to this? If this is legal, and I am getting paid from this businessmen, how do I report this income? If this is only a occasional shipment and not a regular and ongoing. Private party to private party type of thing,, is this different? :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dzyner said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I've been chatting with a businessman in Nigeria. He wants to use my address as a shipping destination in the US for computer equipment and then arrange for UPS to pick from my address and ship to Nigeria. Is this legal? Can I be in a lot of trouble if I agree to this? If this is legal, and I am getting paid from this businessmen, how do I report this income? If this is only a occasional shipment and not a regular and ongoing. Private party to private party type of thing,, is this different? :confused:

My response:

Oh, brother!

Let me guess - - you were first contacted by e-mail about this, right? And, it all looks too good to be true, right?

It's a scam.

Go to the top of the page, and click on the "search" button. Then, type in Nigeria. Read the scams.

I probably just saved you thousands of dollars and years of misery.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">