• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena/freedom of speech

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jpfcf

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was serveed an suvpoena to testify before the Grand Jury. Before hand federal agents & U.S. District Attorney questioned me to "prepare" me for my testimony. I was told NOT to talk to anyone about being served the subpoena, why I went to Madison, or what was asked of me by the investigators.
Is this not a violation of my freedom of speech?

Also during my interview I was subjected to psychological coercion, threats of being charged conspiracy. I was also given facts and figures from their investigation in an attempt to sway my statements. Is this something they can get away with?

JETX

I am sure that we are only hearing a part of this story..... and your post sounds like you are either hiding or guilty of something.

What type of grand jury were you before and what type case were they investigating??

Grand Jury testimony is often protected (so as to not let the 'suspects' know that they are being investigated) and the records are sealed by the court. One of the cost of freedom and liberty.

J

jpfcf

reply to questions

Didn't use a lawer since I was to be a witiness in this criminal invesigation.

Can't really go into things futher (so it seems) except that it is Federal Court.

And no I'm not hidding anything and I'm not guilty of anything except not having the information that they think I should know and remember from almost 5 years ago.

HomeGuru

Re: reply to questions

jpfcf said:
Didn't use a lawer since I was to be a witiness in this criminal invesigation.

**A: being a witness does not waive your rights to an attorney.
Can't really go into things futher (so it seems) except that it is Federal Court.

**A: ok, fair enough.

And no I'm not hidding anything and I'm not guilty of anything except not having the information that they think I should know and remember from almost 5 years ago.

**A: no comment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">