• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

USA Patriot Act

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pele

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I have joint savings and checking accounts with my mother who lives in North Carolina. I do not access these accounts. She wanted me to save on inheritance taxes and to be able to withdraw money in an emergency. My name has been on these accounts for several years. Now, she has forwarded me a letter from the bank wanting information on me due to the Patriot Act. They want name, addresses and SS#, which they should already have, in addition, they want my driver's license number, including the issue and expiration dates. I feel very uncomfortable with a bank 5000 miles away wanting this additional information. Also, since I signed the forms this bank has been purchased by another bank. They say they need this information because I am not the primary account holder. What happens if I don't return this form? Will Ashcroft show up at my door with an arrest warrant? Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pele said:
What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I have joint savings and checking accounts with my mother who lives in North Carolina. I do not access these accounts. She wanted me to save on inheritance taxes and to be able to withdraw money in an emergency. My name has been on these accounts for several years. Now, she has forwarded me a letter from the bank wanting information on me due to the Patriot Act. They want name, addresses and SS#, which they should already have, in addition, they want my driver's license number, including the issue and expiration dates. I feel very uncomfortable with a bank 5000 miles away wanting this additional information. Also, since I signed the forms this bank has been purchased by another bank. They say they need this information because I am not the primary account holder. What happens if I don't return this form? Will Ashcroft show up at my door with an arrest warrant? Thank you

My response:

No, no, no!

Only one of two things will happen - -

1. The bank will merely remove you from the account; or,

2. Secretary of State Rumsfeld will be at your door saying, "Give us your information or, well, you'll be captured or killed."

IAAL

T

Theodore Bundy

Ashcroft may show up at your door with a warrant for anything he wants. And it wouldn't surprise me if he did try to bust you for not providing big brother with your information. Whatever you do, don't let him catch you with a statue of a naked person.

pele

Gee, I just bought a T-Fal cooking pot (made in France), should I take my pot and go to a safe house???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">