• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Washington D.C. Police Help !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dcephas

This occurence happened in Washington D.C. I am a part time videographer and was seeking to find some good footage around a known prositution area and stumbled across a prostitute being questioned by the police. The prostitute was dressed in a thong based outfit. I began filming the incident from my car approx 50 ft from the incident. The policeman noticed me filming and came over and demanded my camera and tape. They informed me that I was impededing in a investigation and that the subject was a victim of assault and was a minor. They gave me a choice to loose my camera or the tape. To avoid a Rodney King Incident I gave them the tape. The tape had a lot of footage that I had been working on for months, I was working on a prostitution / homeless documentary. One of the officers on the scene gave me his card and said I could not get this tape back. What rights of mine were violated and how should I pursue damages in a court of law.

Thank You,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">