• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 questions please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dvenable

What is the name of your state? Texas

I and another associate at the same company were caught in a compromising situation (on company time, company property), we were both given written reprimands and warned that further such activities would result in termination.

Well, after hours, but still on company property - we were caught again.
The next day we given the option of fired or resigning, we both resigned.
Am I screwed with regards to any unemployment benefit because of the write up?

I also had a company phone that was deducted from my check monthly, can they deduct from my final check?

Sockeye

dvenable said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I and another associate at the same company were caught in a compromising situation (on company time, company property), we were both given written reprimands and warned that further such activities would result in termination.

Well, after hours, but still on company property - we were caught again.
The next day we given the option of fired or resigning, we both resigned.
Am I screwed with regards to any unemployment benefit because of the write up?

I also had a company phone that was deducted from my check monthly, can they deduct from my final check?
Yes, your screwed when it comes to unemployment insurance. Even if you took the "fired" option it would be very unlikely they would have granted it to you.

As for the company phone, don't know enough about it to comment but if it was deducted from your check previous, it's likely to come from your last one too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">