• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

40 hour salary base

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

turgeon2003

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
Florida State
I've been working for the same company for 9 years, 7 of them I was promoted to a salary position. My paychecks state 80 hours worked for two weeks pay. I can see working some overtime without pay, but 5 scheduled days at 10-12 hours each. Can I pursue any compensation? I read that for an exempt employee looking at overtime pay, needs to make under 28.00 an hour?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't know what you were reading, but if you are correctly classified as exempt there are no circumstances whatsoever in which you are legally entitled to overtime. If your employer wants to pay it, fine. If he doesn't, he has NO obligation to do so, regardless of how many hours you work.

It is not even remotely unusual for an exempt employee to work the kind of schedule you describe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">