• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Again?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NellieBly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA.

A decade ago, my coworker and I schlepped downtown to be fingerprinted for our jobs. We were not compensated for our time.

Fine. Whatever.

Today we got notices that we need to be fingerprinted and this time we need to shell out the equivalent of a day's pay (we're part time) for the privilege.

We still have the same jobs with the same municipality and I'm assuming the police department did not discard our original fingerprints.

We have to pay to go to work? I know the cost of working cannot bring your wages below the minimum wage. What formula do they use to figure that?

The irony is that we have to be above reproach for our jobs with the school department, yet criminals get fingerprinted for free.

I'm ticked.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This may or may not be associated with recent changes to MA law regarding CORI checks. If it's required by the state they do not have to pay you for the time. If it's required by the school district they do.

NellieBly

I'm sorry for not cutting to the chase here.

My contention is, why should I have to pay to be fingerprinted when they already have my fingerprints on file?

Same school department, same municipality.

I even have the same address, phone number, name, rank, serial number.

I'm assuming I have the same fingerprints.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Because a recently signed MA law says so.

http://www.aisne.org/calendar/Fingerprint%20Advisory%20FEB%202013.pdf

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry for not cutting to the chase here.

My contention is, why should I have to pay to be fingerprinted when they already have my fingerprints on file?

Same school department, same municipality.

I even have the same address, phone number, name, rank, serial number.

I'm assuming I have the same fingerprints.
Heck...because your BOSS says so

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Let the record show that bosses who are jerks still need to be obeyed when they give a lawful order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">