• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bartender got ripped off?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

popbratpat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

As a bartender, If I start a tab for a patron and I follow proper procedure, i.e. check his i.d. to match the credit card, check expiration date, basically do everything that the owner taught me to do when a patron wants to have an open tab, and the patron walks out on his tab without taking his card, and after realizing he has done this, I try to charge the card and find out that there are no funds on it, is it legal for the owner of the bar to make me pay for the $70 out of my own tip money that I had earned that evening? Let me be clear, I followed every proper procedure when having an open tab and his not paying for the tab is in no way my fault.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And if he is fired for protesting an illegal practice, he'll have a wrongful termination claim. So what's your point?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">