• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bonus contract dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Calhoun687

Texas

in 2008 I was hired on as part of my compensation I signed a contact that states I would get 15 % of the net profits on all my projects, this is a contract that did not have a expiration date nor did it say it could be mended or modified at any time, this went on for 5 years then all of a sudden the president decided he did not want to pay it anymore and decided it was going to be for better words discretionary without any of the employees who had these contracts agreeing to it
basically we were told take it or leave it.

since then I have lost between 550 to 650K in bonus. i recently decided to leave employment their and want to try and get my back bonus pay, is this possible ?

This employer did the same thing to the field employees, they were hired on with the agreement they would receive $ 5.00 for every hours they saved on their jobs, this structured was paid for 8 + years then the only decided to take that away from the field

is this legal if for nothing else i have a signed contract stating i would get a % and agreed to or signed a new contract

LdiJ

Texas

in 2008 I was hired on as part of my compensation I signed a contact that states I would get 15 % of the net profits on all my projects, this is a contract that did not have a expiration date nor did it say it could be mended or modified at any time, this went on for 5 years then all of a sudden the president decided he did not want to pay it anymore and decided it was going to be for better words discretionary without any of the employees who had these contracts agreeing to it
basically we were told take it or leave it.

since then I have lost between 550 to 650K in bonus. i recently decided to leave employment their and want to try and get my back bonus pay, is this possible ?

This employer did the same thing to the field employees, they were hired on with the agreement they would receive $ 5.00 for every hours they saved on their jobs, this structured was paid for 8 + years then the only decided to take that away from the field

is this legal if for nothing else i have a signed contract stating i would get a % and agreed to or signed a new contract
Only someone who could actually read and review your contract could answer your questions. I can tell you generally that employers are allowed to change the conditions of employment when a contract ends, and/or choose to end a contract after its initial term. I sincerely doubt that you have a contract that has no way for an employer to end it.

Calhoun687

Only someone who could actually read and review your contract could answer your questions. I can tell you generally that employers are allowed to change the conditions of employment when a contract ends, and/or choose to end a contract after its initial term. I sincerely doubt that you have a contract that has no way for an employer to end it.
Surprisingly their is no expiration date
or Term, it states while employed as part of the Bonus structure I will receive 15 % of the net profits after 18 % of overhead is calculated

I need to find a labor lawyer where I live that can help me with this I guess

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The problem you have is that, in approx 2013, you were presented with a new terms of employment and chose to work for >2 years under those new terms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">