• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California - mistake with vacation time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Conlave

Two days ago I discovered that my actual vacation and sick hours are different from what appeared on my paystub and the company profile website. I contacted HR and I was informed that a mistake was made on the program calculating the vacation and sick time.

Some employees were informed about this issue orally but none of us have actually received a written message.

I wonder if this is acceptable or if I could ask for a compensation for the different amount of vacation hours.

Thank you.

Regards,

justalayman

So you want compensation for the mistake of the calculation or publication? Since it's only been two days you surely can't know if the issue has been remedied so that's the only thing I can see you wanting money for.

Or was it they didn't write you a letter?

I'm a bit lost as I don't see you have a claim for payment for anything at this time.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
They don't have to pay you any vacation time just because an employee asks them to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">