• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can my employer with hold vacation pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you are entitled to vacation that accrued last year. Contact the Illinois Department of Labor and file a claim. They will review the case and tell you for sure. They will also handle your former employer for you. I had to do this years ago with a collection agency I worked for. I was not able to count on them for a reference after turning them in to the state. YMMV.

http://www.illinois.gov/idol/FAQs/Pages/How-To-File-A-Claim.aspx

Good luck.
I don't disagree, but I think I'd print out a copy of the relevant law and try the direct approach one more time...

I don't disagree, but I think I'd print out a copy of the relevant law and try the direct approach one more time...
Good point. My situation was different. I had to collect from a collector, and he thought his attorney could keep him from having to pay me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">