• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company didn't make payroll

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Double R

I work for a small manufacturer in Florida. Last week me and my co-workers were informed that the company would be unable to pay everyone that week due to one of our customers being late with a payment. This happened once before since I've been working here. The first time around I just brushed it off and assumed they would correct the mistakes in management that led to that situation. However, this problem now seems habitual and I feel the need to do something about it.
Is there some kind of state or credit agency that I can report the company to?
After all, if they failed to pay their suppliers on time, the company's credit rating would suffer. It seems a little ridiculous that they can be late in paying their employees and get off scott free.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">