+ Reply to Thread
    tovin is offline Junior Member

Day of Rest in California?

What is the name of your state? California

I've tried to look through labor law information and read something that said "Must have one day off in seven".

I routinely work 7 and 9 days in a row, even though company policy clearly says I'm not to be scheduled over 6.

Is there another way to interrpret the law? I also saw something about having the appropriate days off in a month, and it not being reconciled weekly.

Any help is greatly appreciated. My body and soul are tired from no rest!!

T
    cbg
    cbg is offline Senior Member
    In states that are one-day-off-in-seven, you can legally be allowed to work as many as 12 days in a row. Here's how:

You are off Saturday: you work Sunday, Monday Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday of the first week; Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of the second week and have Friday off. You have had had one day of rest in each week, but you have worked 12 days consecutively. The law has been followed.

Company policy is not law. Company policy may say that you only work six days in a row, but as far as California law is concerned, as long as you have one day off every week (and it does not have to be the same day every week) they are in compliance with the law.