• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deduct business purchases from paycheck??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bywohio

Ohio:

I was hired by an out of state company that needed a manager. When I was hired for this position my boss took me out to dinner and verbally explained my job duties. One was that a company credit card would be mailed out to me. That If I needed to purchase stuff for the business to do so. I did make two personal purchases that I agreed to pay back because the company card is identical from my card and same bank. But the other business items I purchased for employees and the office I now have to pay that back, because they feel was not approved. When my boss and the owner doubled teamed me on a phone conference my boss denied stating I can purchase stuff for the business. I never signed an agreement for the card just verbally talked to about it. Now they are deducting over $400 dollars from my paycheck in installments. I understand the personal expense and will accept full responsibility, but don't feel the actual business purchases should be deducted. Is this legal?

- Kevin

RRevak

So are they saying you couldn't purchase items for the business at all and that is why they're taking money back or are they saying the items you purchased weren't business approved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">