• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deductions regarding attorney fees and H1 filing fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

su2004

What is the name of your state? PA

Can somebody please clarify this:

Deduction which is authorized by a collective bargaining agreement, or is reasonable and customary in the occupation and/or area of employment (e.g., union dues; contribution to premium for health insurance policy covering all employees; savings or retirement fund contribution for plan(s) in compliance with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, 29 U.S.C. 1001, et seq.), except that the deduction may not recoup a business expense(s) of the employer (including attorney fees and other costs connected to the performance of H-1B program functions which are required to be performed by the employer, e.g., preparation and filing of LCA and H-1B petition); the deduction must have been revealed to the worker prior to the commencement of employment and, if the deduction was a condition of employment, had been clearly identified as such; and the deduction must be made against wages of U.S. workers as well as H-1B nonimmigrants (where there are U.S. workers);

can somebody please clarify my doubt and any info regarding above paragraph
I came to USA on H1.
My employer is asking for attorney fees and H1 filing fees.
we never have an agreement that employee has to pay the attorney fees and filing fees.
He never asked me about the fees in 5 years(I employed with that company for 5 years)
He owe me $10000. I requesting about that money through emails, he never replied for that emails. I complained in the Labour dept. Employer told that he paid for attorney fees and H1 filing fees, he said he deducted that money. showed 6000 as fees. He didn't say about the remaining money.
We never had an written agreement about the fees. As my understanding, there should be a written agreement to collect any attorney fees or filing fees from the employee.

Appreciate any help

ThanksWhat is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">