• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delay in salary payment + Irresponsible HR Manager not responding on salary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rsquarev

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MN
I am L1-Blanket Visa holder working for a Company from Asia.
Working as software engineer for that company's subsidary sinice 4+ years. They sent me here (minneapolis) for an onsite assignment 3 months back. I am not getting money since then because of some technical problem in the system. It is 2months now that I escalated the problem to the HR manager. During this period I got 1 salary advance (5000$) only. My annual pay is 65K. I tried to apply for another salary advance this month, but the system is not allowing it. A week ago, again I sent an email to HR Manager regarding the problem I am facing. I haven't got any response. I am running out of money and I don't have any other source of income here. I am feeling that he (HR manager) is behaving very irresponsible.

This delay in salary payment causing me inconvenience and tensed.

What can I do in this case? Can I sue the company/HR manager ? Please give me an advice that works in my case.

Thank you.

rsquarev

Thanks patty,

Can you give info on how to claim and what to do for that? I am completely new to USA.

Thanks a lot for you help.

pattytx

Check the link I provided and call the office nearest you. They will walk you through it. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">