• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delaying pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevherring

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

Can a employer delay your pay check if you failed to complete your time card on time?

eerelations

Your state and the federal DOLs' websites will provide documentation on the illegality of delaying employees' pay.

You won't find documentation about the legalities of firing people because they don't submit their timesheets on time, however, trust us, this is definitely legal - because there isn't a law against it, and because it fits with employment at-will doctrine.

stevherring

Thanks again for the info. I'll research their websites. I'm doing this for my daughter. She was threatened by her boss with delaying her paycheck for 2 weeks if she didn't get her time card done correctly or on time.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Um, if this is something that hasn't happened yet, a better solution might be for her to simply TURN THE TIME SHEET IN ON TIME!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">