• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dept. of Labor says Company owes me $$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ripwillyboyg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada:confused:

What are my options when after submitting my "wage claim form" the State of Nevada, Dept. of Labor investigator found that they owe me the money? According to the investigator, the Company has ninety (90) does to "decide" if they want to pay me. My heart is screaming to get a laywer, which I am strongly considering. I have given the company every oppurtunity to pay me, via letters, phone calls, etc. I am also hurt that accusation by the company ultimately led to my being let go, regardless that this was my second tenure with the company. I previously worked for them in Texas, and then again in Nevada 8-9 years later. I want not only my money owed but justice. Any help would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

Mark C. Giblin

eerelations

You may sue the company in small claims court, or in civil court if the amount owed to you is too large for small claims court. (To determine the max limit for small claims court, contact your local small claims court.) You won't need an attorney for small claims court, and while you don't strictly need one for civil court, it's strongly advised that you get one if you go the civil court route.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">