• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Direct Deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GooseZ

We have a mandatory direct deposit at my workplace, we are paid weekly on Fridays. Last week there was some kind of mix-up and nobody received their checks and the company would not provide a actual check. Can the company be held responsible for overdraft fees, or any fees incurred by the employees because of the three day delay on pay? State of WI

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Very likely not. It's your responsibility to see that there is money in the account before you write the checks or authorize the draw. But it can't hurt to run the situation by the WI DOL. WI is a very employer-friendly state so I really wouldn't hold out much hope, but they occasionally rule in favor of the employee in matters you wouldn't expect. If this were Mississippi or Georgia or Florida I'd tell you not to waste your time, but Wisconsin is an odd duck and you can never be sure what they'll do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">