• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employeer NSF checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Senchi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Almost 3 years ago,after I had left the company, my employeer issued 2 NSF checks in total of close to $900.00. The company had declared bankruptcy, so I had to file my claim thru an attorney that was doing an assets liquidation (employer was in a retail bussines). I have been receiving letter after letter for 3 years informing me about the finalization of the liquidation date and possible claim pay out. I was patiently waiting, what else could I possibly do?
Denial letter was sent to me just 3 months ago with some general explanation refering conditions of a "customer, consumer law". I had called the attorny's office, explained that I was an employee and was asked to send all the claim proof again(sent 2 times already). Still waiting even thought the attorney gave me 2 deadlines where he expected to have it resolved. What to do? Is it already late to take any actions now? Can the employer issue the NSF check in IL? What would be the best option to get the money?
Any advise?
Regards,
Senchi

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">