• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer change my time card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ma08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

I work part time at one department store. One day I found my pay was less than I should get. So, I start to make a note on the hours that I worked there(wrote down the time in and time out when I punch). Then, I found they took away some hours out on my pay check based on the note that I took. I told the manager and he said to me will check it out, then he told me he added extra 5 hours will show up on the next pay check.

I did not know when they started to change my time card. Do I have a case to file to against them? What can I do?

TinkerBelleLuvr

cbg, can employees request to see their timecards? I know that if an employ questions a paycheck, I"ll gladly take it out and have it reviewed?

Ma08

If they correct the mistake, no, you do not get to sue them.
They only corrected the mistake that I told them, since I had prove they changed it. I do not have prove for any changes that they made before I started to take note. So, there is nothing that I can do, right?

TinkerBelleLuvr

Thought process is that there is a time card that shows a change, or the time card doesn't match the total hours on the paycheck.

Ask to see your time cards. You should have a pretty good idea of when you worked. Do a little homework and check it out.

If there are more than a couple timecards with changes, time to go up the food chain.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, if you don't tell them about the mistake, how do you expect them to fix it?

Ma08

Ask to see your time cards. You should have a pretty good idea of when you worked. Do a little homework and check it out.

The problem is they changed the system log. They went into the system and changed the time in and time out on me. So, if I ask a copy, the time card will match the pay.

TinkerBelleLuvr

When I used electronic time tracking, it WILL show you anything that was changed. You might have to go up the food chain here. You will have to press the issue.

Also consider calling Department of Labor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">