• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer has not paid me from previous months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RangerDanger

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My employer from Dunkin' Donuts has previously paid my other missing paychecks but still owes me from one from January 2015 as well as OT from the month of August 2015. He rarely responds back to me through text and when I do get the chance to talk to him face-to-face, he always asks how many hours he owes me which I always give the same answer.

Researching more about unpaid wages from the Texas Workforce Commission, I've noticed to make a claim, the unpaid wage deadline is not after 180 days. The reason why I took to long to take action is because I trusted him as he has handed me missing paychecks from time to time so I figured he would do the same for the paycheck from January 2015. Is it still possible for them to accept my claim or am I dead out of luck? Proof of my work hours as I kept every single punch-in paper ever since I started working to make sure he has paid me for the right amount of hours I have worked.

From the most recent text that I got from him, he said we was going to charge me about $25 since I "lost" it apparently when it all started from him forgetting to print out my paycheck. He claimed that I lost it when I never seen it before and claimed he had printed it. I'm not sure if I'm in the wrong, but I believe it should have been his responsibility to personally give me the paycheck as I would have never known when he had printed it out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You'll have to ask the TWC if they'll make an exception.

If they won't, you can always try small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">