• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer not paying wages and trying taking maternity leave bonus back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

panka.udhas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

My employer is not paying pending wages and want to take the maternity bonus back. My project with a client ended in august 2016 and my current employer has to pay be pending wages from july and august for 3 weeks. He also paid me maternity bonus in April for 2 weeks, but paid this by ACH deposit and is not from his account, but from a different person. In addition he is holding 2 weeks of my pay from beginning of my employment in 2014. He does not take my calls now and claims that I have changed to another employer i did not, so he doesn't want to pay my pending money and requested bank to reverse the ACH deposit. In summary he has to pay me 5 weeks salary and he wants to take the maternity bonus back. He is causing us undue stress to our family. What are my rights as an employee? I have only emails from him regarding maternity leave bonus, I do not have signed agreements. I am also a legal immigrant here working for him on f1 and ead. Please suggest me what I can do.

The project I worked for ia client in new york and my employer is in new jersey. I work from home in texas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">