• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Refuses to pay me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AmandaJoi20

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Hi my name is Amanda I am 20 years old and I desperately need some legal advice. I started working for a company called PS Stearns in august of 2006 and they haven't paid me. The job was doing a promotion for AXE Body Spray in a Walmart store. You have probably seen people doing these things in Walmart. We hand at samples and talk about the products. Anyway he has not sent me my check. he keeps giving me the run around always giving me the name of someone else in the company and saying that they were supposed to send the check. He has admitted in lots of emails that he does owe me the money but told me he doesn't know when he will be paying me. He stopped responding to my emails a week ago. Please tell me what I need to do. I saved all of his emails so I have proof that he owes me the money I just don't know who I am supposed to be reporting him to in order to get my money.

fairisfair

http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=52669

looks like you aren't the only one having trouble with this company.

I would start here

Pennsylvania
Philadelphia District Office
US Dept. of Labor
ESA Wage & Hour Division
US Custom House, Room 400
Second & Chestnut Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19106

Phone:
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)

Stewart Bostic
District Director

Pittsburgh District Office
US Dept. of Labor
ESA Wage & Hour Division
Federal Building
1000 Liberty Ave., Room 313
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Phone:
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)

John DuMont
District Director

Wilkes Barre District Office
US Dept. of Labor
ESA Wage & Hour Division
7 North Wilkes Barre Blvd.
Stegmaier Bldg. Suite 373M
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702-5284

Phone:
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)

Alfonso J. Gristina
District Director

AmandaJoi20

Approx. $344 They paid me for all the days I worked except the first three day job that I did. August 28 29 and 30th 6 hours each day $18 and hour plus a $20 bonus that I was supposed to be paid for my transportation.

BelizeBreeze

Approx. $344 They paid me for all the days I worked except the first three day job that I did. August 28 29 and 30th 6 hours each day $18 and hour plus a $20 bonus that I was supposed to be paid for my transportation.
Then sue them in small claims court, once you win file for a judgement lien against their assets then you get to do an asset discovery and a whole lot of other fun.

AmandaJoi20

Thanks for the link. I was reading something about sending a letter to the company in order to settle the dispute out of court. I don't know how to do this or what to write. Do you think I should go to a courthouse to find a mediator or can someone on here help me?

pattytx

Wait a minute. Were you an independent contractor (no taxes withheld) or an employee (taxes withheld)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">