• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer threatens to make us pay for mistakes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mashley80

So I reported this to my manager about a month ago after I posted this. I was told today that our Operations Manager looked into this and said to me they could charge us for mistakes. They gave me a print out from www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs16.htm. I asked if they called the dol and my manager said the operations lady did. I think they are blowing smoke because this site is about theft and property and not mistakes. Am I wrong? If not, what should I do. Thanks again.

TinkerBelleLuvr

So I reported this to my manager about a month ago after I posted this. I was told today that our Operations Manager looked into this and said to me they could charge us for mistakes. They gave me a print out from www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs16.htm. I asked if they called the dol and my manager said the operations lady did. I think they are blowing smoke because this site is about theft and property and not mistakes. Am I wrong? If not, what should I do. Thanks again.
The url that you put in there was that they could NOT deduct for shortages. Personally, I would look for another job.

mashley80

Lol ok. It's just odd that they gave me that print out saying they can charge me. I just want to make sure I'm reading it correctly, can someone explain in detail what that URL means? Ty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">