• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Unable To Make Payroll

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billyjoebob

What is the name of your state? Tennessee.

Gentlemen:

I received notice from my employer on Friday 04/14/06 that he does not have the available funds to make payroll that was to be made today 04/17/06.

1) Is there a critical timeframe in which my employer is compelled to make payroll? How long can he delay making payroll before he must either make payroll or provide pink slips?

2) Is there a critical timeframe in which I need to begin exercising legal means? If I delay any action, do I forfeit any means for relief?

3) Is there any legal means available to encourage my employer to make payroll immediately?

4) If my employer appears to be headed for bankruptcy, are there any beneficial actions I need to take before it happens? I don't want to forfeit wages because I didn't exercise an available option.

I am in the process of contacting the Tennessee department of labor and appreciate any input that you may have.

Thanks in advance.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

mlane58

Fromt the Tenn Department of Labor and Workforce:

(1) All such wages or compensation earned and unpaid prior to the first day of any month shall be due and payable not later than the twentieth day of the month following the one in which such wages were earned;

(2) All wages or compensation earned and unpaid prior to the sixteenth day of any month shall be due and payable not later than the fifth day of the succeeding month; and

At this point you contacting the state DOL is the right action to be taking if the employer is not adhereing to the two above statements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">