• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Withholding Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slim

What is the name of your state?FL

I just submitted a 3 week notice to my employer that I would be leaving my current position. Previousily this year there was a verbal agreement between myself and employer. The agreement was that I was supposed to receive 2 bonuses. One in March and a second in September. If I left before June 1, 2006 they would withhold my second bonus from my last check. I have since received notice that they will be holding both bonuses from my remaining paychecks, leaving me with no pay for the remainder of the time that I am working for the company. I am completely willing to give back the second installment of my bonus. Is it legal for them to withhold both bonuses from my remaining checks with no written agreement?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes. If there were a written agreement they would have to honor it. A verbal agreement is worth the paper it's printed on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">