• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer won't send W2s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wallock

What is the name of your state? WI

My employer will not send me my W2's. He typically paid me via personal check and continually promised to get his accountant to give me pay stubs when he had everything 'figured out' (it was a new business). My last two checks came from a seperate organization that he hired to do his payroll.

I quit for the obvious reasons (him not knowing how to run a business).

I have not received any W2's and suspect that he didn't withhold any money (in fact, I'd bet money on it). What are my rights? Also, if anyone knows, what are my responsibilities? I am a College Student and wouldn't owe money even in it were witheld.

Thank you so much!

wallock said:
What is the name of your state? WI

My employer will not send me my W2's. He typically paid me via personal check and continually promised to get his accountant to give me pay stubs when he had everything 'figured out' (it was a new business). My last two checks came from a seperate organization that he hired to do his payroll.

I quit for the obvious reasons (him not knowing how to run a business).

I have not received any W2's and suspect that he didn't withhold any money (in fact, I'd bet money on it). What are my rights? Also, if anyone knows, what are my responsibilities? I am a College Student and wouldn't owe money even in it were witheld.

Thank you so much!
Call the IRS teleTax hotline at 1-800-829-4477 and select topic #154. It tells you what to do if you have not received a W-2.

wallock

Obviously I would wait until the 31st to make sure he doesn't send it. Any idea what the outcome will be?

Thanks for the number!

wallock said:
Obviously I would wait until the 31st to make sure he doesn't send it. Any idea what the outcome will be?

Thanks for the number!

I think he has to give you a W-2 by the 31st or he might get in some trouble with the IRS. But, don't let that be of concern to you. Just call that number and follow their instructions exactly.

pattytx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">