• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment agency commission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

y_ram

What is the name of your state? CA

I am currently negotiating a job that I have found the IT industry through an employment agency. It seems though, that I won't be able to get the job because the agency is asking for too much money. Through some inside sources, I know that the agency is asking the company for 200% of the salary that I have requested. The agent is lying to me because he's saying that company is only asking for 115%, so they can make 15% in profit. Unfortunately, it seems that I won't be able to get the job because the company is not going to pay such a high amount. Is there a standard for commissions that an employment agency can usually look to collect, or can they really request any amount they want?

BelizeBreeze

y_ram said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I am currently negotiating a job that I have found the IT industry through an employment agency. It seems though, that I won't be able to get the job because the agency is asking for too much money. Through some inside sources, I know that the agency is asking the company for 200% of the salary that I have requested. The agent is lying to me because he's saying that company is only asking for 115%, so they can make 15% in profit. Unfortunately, it seems that I won't be able to get the job because the company is not going to pay such a high amount. Is there a standard for commissions that an employment agency can usually look to collect, or can they really request any amount they want?
Frankly, it's none of your business what the company charges. Find another recruiting firm.

y_ram

I agree, but it could cost me the job placement, because you cannot go thru the another agency if you were already represented by one.

THE PRACTICE-23

y_ram said:
I agree, but it could cost me the job placement, because you cannot go thru the another agency if you were already represented by one.

My response:

So, who boxed you into that corner? Was it yourself?

So, why are you crying on this site?

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

y_ram said:
ANd THAT is a load of CRAP!!!

If you signed an agreement with the agency for THIS placement yes, you can't be placed at this or any other company that THIS agency represented you with. But you CAN go through another agency for other placements.

SO, put the crying towel away.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And that's what you got. The fact that it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear, doesn't make it incorrect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">