• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex employer held my last paycheck!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheffrey

What is the name of your state?Fl
My ex employer held my paycheck until 22:00 on pay day. He paid all other employees at 14:00. Is there any legal action I can take? He also takes money out of employee's checks without a written form, and takes total credit card amount from tipped employees if the recipt was not signed, are these actions legal was well? He garnishes wages for shirts and aprons that the employee has not asked for, when I was speaking about taking money out of their checks. He also does not pay for meetings, is this also legal?

Thank you

Cheffrey

JETX

cheffrey said:
My ex employer held my paycheck until 22:00 on pay day. He paid all other employees at 14:00. Is there any legal action I can take?
Nope. As long as you paid as required by your state laws.... no recourse.

He also takes money out of employee's checks without a written form, and takes total credit card amount from tipped employees if the recipt was not signed, are these actions legal was well?
Pending a review of the FULL facts, probably not. Have the 'victims' report his conduct to the state labor agency.

He garnishes wages for shirts and aprons that the employee has not asked for, when I was speaking about taking money out of their checks. He also does not pay for meetings, is this also legal?
See above.

Gee, I take it that your leaving wasn't on good terms, huh?? :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">