• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expense report policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

egunn

I worked a temporary job (1 month) in MA in the summer. It had me working a different store every week. I was to be reimburse for mileage, but I ended of never filing an expense report. I just remembered I am still due money from the company. It has been 5 months since I worked for them. Is there a statue of limitations on paying this sort of thing to me? I requested information from the employer but I'm worried I won't get payed because it's been so long.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Write a nice letter. However, if I were your employer, I would tell you to pound sand.

pattytx

As long as you didn't travel from store to store in the same day, mileage is not reimbursable under MA law.

So why DIDN'T you file the expense report?

I have to tell you that, even if the employer decides to reimburse you now, at this late date, the IRS rules for an "accountable plan" have not been met and the reimbursement would be taxable wages subject to all payroll taxes.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">