• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired with vacation time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cts0924

What is the name of your state? OHIO

I am actually writing on behalf of my father who recently was fired from his job. He received his last paycheck today. On his paystub it states he has 80 hours of vacation time. Upon asking for the pay he was told a new policy had been implimented and he will not be paid. If vacation is accrued from the previous year worked, is he not intitled to it??

punkin

check with the agency that governs such issues in your state. The Department of Consumer Affairs should be able to hook you up with the correct ageny that will be able to answer your questions...i pray that he gets that vacation time pd ..i think its great that you are looking out for your Dad...let us know how it goes

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The state of Ohio does not require that vacation time be paid out at termination. It doesn 't matter when the time was accrued or what policy was in effect at the time it was earned; if the policy at the time he was fired is not to pay out vacation time, then the law is not going to require the employer to pay the time out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">