+ Reply to Thread
    Nickster is offline Junior Member

Forced Direct Deposit

What is the name of your state? Florida.

My employer is trying to force me into using direct deposit. I do not want to use this system. It was instituted after I started working here.

Can they force me to do this?
    cbg
    cbg is offline Senior Member
    According to my source, in FL they cannot require you to use direct deposit.

However, I'm curious. I think direct deposit is the best thing since sliced bread, would always use it if available, and cannot understand why some people are so adamantly against it. Can you enlighten me?
    speedmanswim is offline Junior Member

Direct Deposit, Indiana

In the state of Indiana are Employers legally able to force Direct Deposit? I am a Supervisor for a company and another company is taking over our account. We all still have our jobs, however, the new employer wishes to force Direct Deposit and I have some angry associates over this. Please advise. Thank you
    TinkerBelleLuvr is offline Senior Member
    Please start your own thread instead of reviving a thread from 2004.
    pattytx is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Ginny, but since it is related, just a different state, and the answer is a slam dunk, and I'm bored, I'll answer re: Indiana.

Employee must authorize (hence, cannot be made mandatory); however, the DOL has stated that it will has no authority to take action against the employer if an individual is terminated for not enrolling, because IN is an "at-will employment state), so take that to mean what you will)
    No provision in the law regarding employees incurring fees with the receiving financial insitution
    Employee must be able to choose the financial insitution.

That's about it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You have not won the law suit lottery; in fact, you haven't even won the law suit scratch-off.
    Betty is offline Senior Member
    This is the info I have: Indiana law provides that an employer may pay an employee by electronic transfer to the financial institution designated by the employee. Indiana statutes do not address whether an employer may require employees to accept electronic deposit, nor what happens if an employee refuses to designate a financial institution for receipt of such transfers. I.C. 22-2-5-1(a)
    pattytx is offline Senior Member
    Betty, mine is from my APA Guide to State Payroll Laws. I think the hook there is may.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You have not won the law suit lottery; in fact, you haven't even won the law suit scratch-off.
    Betty is offline Senior Member
    Oh I agree. I was just posting for reference the In. law I had from 2007 re direct deposit. I recognized the "may."
    Last edited by Betty; 10-30-2007 at 07:05 PM.
    RUDEONTOUR is offline Junior Member

Forced Direct Deposit in Arizona

Does anyone know what rules arizona has in relation to forced direct deposit
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    The thread that won't die...