• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Direct Deposit in Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RUDEONTOUR

My company informed us last payday that in 4 weeks all employees have to get a bank account for direct deposit, claiming that no account, no pay. The company is based out of new mexico, but this involves the employees that work in arizona. Can anyone help as far as our rights on this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
According to my information, neither the state of New Mexico nor the state of Arizona allows mandatory direct deposit.

However, my information is three years old. It is not impossible that one or both states may have changed their laws. You should confirm with the respective state DOL's.

If it should happen that one or the other state has changed their stance, the employer is bound to follow the laws of the employee's home state. Let's say, just as an example, that New Mexico has decided to allow forced direct deposit. Employees in New Mexico could be mandated to have direct deposit, but employees in Arizona could not. The same would be true, in reverse, if Arizona had decided to change their law since my information was published. It's not a one-for-all question; it is state specific.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">