• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guidance on Potential Mispay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Telamp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I had submitted my two weeks notice due to a new job. During my last week of my two weeks(Tuesday), I was let go from the company. Under Texas payday law, companies have 6 calendar days to provide you with your final check. I have recordings of phone calls with both human resources and the recruiter who had suggested otherwise. They did not issue my direct deposit paycheck until the 18th, I was terminated on the 8th. After depositing my paycheck for $440, they reversed it and the reason provided to me was because they paid me for holiday pay on Labor Day. He had advised I have to work on the day before and the day after a holiday, but I was clocked in on the day after, and worked a full day the day before. They proceeded to tell me that they can issue me a skylight prepaid card for much less then what was owed to me, so I probed. It turned out they charged me $74.26 for the removal of holiday pay, in addition to removing the 8 hours of holiday pay. They agreed to direct deposit the $291 that they were originally going to pay me as of today, September 21st. They also agreed to wire transfer the discrepant balance I had called out. At this point, the $291 has been deposited but the other balance is still missing. According to the Texas Workforce Commission, they have violated labor laws. I want to know what rights I have and if this is something I should even bother pursuing.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You have the right to file a wage complaint with the Texas Workforce Commission. Didn't they tell you that when you called them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">