• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Holiday & vacation time pay from prev employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmdhar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

My last day with my previous employer was Jan 8th... But since I had taken a vacation before when I didn't have enough vacation time, decided to use my vacation in the last week even though I actually worked that week.

When I got the pay check for that week , they reversed amount that they paid for Jan 1st holiday and new year's eve. They are saying that my actual last day worked was Jan 29th. Is that true. My last day as an employee was Jan 8th.

Also I had 62 hours of vacation by the time I left the company... but they are claiming that I had only 20 hours left and paid for that only... Can I file a case against them?

Thanks

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

My last day with my previous employer was Jan 8th... But since I had taken a vacation before when I didn't have enough vacation time, decided to use my vacation in the last week even though I actually worked that week.

When I got the pay check for that week , they reversed amount that they paid for Jan 1st holiday and new year's eve. They are saying that my actual last day worked was Jan 29th. Is that true. My last day as an employee was Jan 8th.

Also I had 62 hours of vacation by the time I left the company... but they are claiming that I had only 20 hours left and paid for that only... Can I file a case against them?

Thanks
The vacation you are claiming to be owed, it is time not taken from the year before or vacation time for the new year. What is the company's policy on untaking vacation time?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What is the last day you were physically in the office working? NOT the last day you were paid for, NOT the days you were "on vacation" the last day you ACTUALLY WORKED?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">