• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hours worked off the clock/Labor laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chanel26

What is the name of your state? Paso Robles, California
i was wrongfully terminated because I told management I was seeking counsel,legal advice about the hours I have worked off the clock due to management being very strict about over time over 5 minutes and labor being too high. I have witnessess to all this and it is recorded on video camera and on employee clock in/out logs. both have the time. they fired me saying I created a hostile and intimidating work environment for management and co-workers. they also created false documents and lied about alot of things. and would not allow a lawyer to be present at the time they wanted to have the meeting determining my futuer with Denny's. 3 managers were present including a lady from HR who didntr say a word during these accusations they made. nor listened to anything I had to say about working off the clock or about management requesting other employees to write memos of record for things that either didnt happen at all or happened months ago. was just fired yesterday. video footage I jknow is kept for 30 days. they said I violated company policy requesting to see my employee file. which they say I demanded!

eerelations

File a claim with the CA DLSE for the OT pay and while you're at it, tell the DLSE that you were fired when you talked to the company about the OT pay. You won't need an attorney to do any of this.

lex_advoc

Yes

I agree with the EE in its lights on the matter, except that when things get worst you need the expertise of a qualified attorney to help you in impending legal battle.

eerelations

I agree with the EE in its lights on the matter, except that when things get worst you need the expertise of a qualified attorney to help you in impending legal battle.
There will be no "impending legal battle" as such, if the OP uses the services of the CA DLSE, as advised.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">