• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to collect wages owed/earned after employer filed Chapter 11?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mtnhop

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NV

I was hired by company in April 2009. I was not aware the company had filed Chapter 11 in January 2009 in Pennsylvania. May 12, 2010, I received notice that my salary was being cut 80% which would illegally make my pay $3.46 per hour. Local manager attempted to resolve this for next few days. May 14, 2010, received pay for period 4/24 - 5/7, with 80% reduction illegally retroactively applied. I resigned May 18th. Pay I received for period 5/8 - 5/18 was also received at $3.46 per hour. This employer owes me $1900 for wages earned post-filing of their Chapter 11. Do I have to file a claim with the bankruptcy court? If so, which form? B10 appears to be the proof of claim form for creditors owed prior to filing of the bankruptcy. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">