• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HP > Adecco Conversion.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cypermethrin

I had been working for HP Tulsa for a little over a year, contracted out to American Airlines to be apart of their commercial and desktop support team. Shortly after my first year I was picked up to be apart of the Remote Desktop Management team. They advised at the time that my pay would increase slightly and that my job could would also be changing.

My pay did increase but my job code never changed, I received a raise for the next 2 years in a row, still no job code change. I made this known to management and I was not the only one in the department that had been moved over that did not receive the job code change and we all reported this issue to management. In 2015, HP sold their support to Adecco, who took over support for AA and we were all converted to Adecco Employees.

When HP handed over our HR information, our job code was lower then it should be. We made this known to management in Adecco and HP. Our HP manager, had a meeting with the Adecco staff and they worked out that everyone with the wrong job could would be allowed to keep out current pay. What they didn't tell us, was that everyone who had the correct job code actually got a rather large pay increase. Our HP boss advised that he fought for our pay and in turn, got to report to his manager that he kept seasoned employees for less then what Adecco would have payed us had HP given them our correct job codes.

My question being, is it fraud that HP gave Adecco the wrong job codes for half our department knowingly, so that could undercut our pay compared to the rest of our group. keep in mind our staff size is only 8 people. Also, keep in mind that everyone that is hired now, has the correct code and makes more money day 1 from base pay then people who have been here for 5+ years.

Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I had been working for HP Tulsa for a little over a year, contracted out to American Airlines to be apart of their commercial and desktop support team. Shortly after my first year I was picked up to be apart of the Remote Desktop Management team. They advised at the time that my pay would increase slightly and that my job could would also be changing.

My pay did increase but my job code never changed, I received a raise for the next 2 years in a row, still no job code change. I made this known to management and I was not the only one in the department that had been moved over that did not receive the job code change and we all reported this issue to management. In 2015, HP sold their support to Adecco, who took over support for AA and we were all converted to Adecco Employees.

When HP handed over our HR information, our job code was lower then it should be. We made this known to management in Adecco and HP. Our HP manager, had a meeting with the Adecco staff and they worked out that everyone with the wrong job could would be allowed to keep out current pay. What they didn't tell us, was that everyone who had the correct job code actually got a rather large pay increase. Our HP boss advised that he fought for our pay and in turn, got to report to his manager that he kept seasoned employees for less then what Adecco would have payed us had HP given them our correct job codes.

My question being, is it fraud that HP gave Adecco the wrong job codes for half our department knowingly, so that could undercut our pay compared to the rest of our group. keep in mind our staff size is only 8 people. Also, keep in mind that everyone that is hired now, has the correct code and makes more money day 1 from base pay then people who have been here for 5+ years.

Thanks!
Barring a binding employment contract that states otherwise, nothing improper occurred here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">