• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am being Sued for Unpaid Wages Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluffMaster

I believe only reason my name is involved because I am Family member of the owner (Brother) and work out of same office. Is there something I can send to court some sort of form or something showing Owner is my brother and its sole prop. I have paychecks to evident that I am not owner i am employee..

quincy

I believe only reason my name is involved because I am Family member of the owner (Brother) and work out of same office. Is there something I can send to court some sort of form or something showing Owner is my brother and its sole prop. I have paychecks to evident that I am not owner i am employee..
My advice to you is that you get your own attorney to represent your interests. The attorney you see will personally review the complaint filed against you, your brother, his wife and the company, and your attorney will personally review all facts that led to your being named as defendant, and your attorney can advise you based on this personal review.

Based strictly on the limited amount of information you have provided so far, it appears that the defenses you have to the lawsuit will be different than the defenses presented by your brother, his wife and the company. Some avenues your attorney may want to explore are a motion to sever you from the action and/or a motion to dismiss you as a defendant in the suit.

I would not try to manage this on your own. You will be best served by getting help from an attorney in your area. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">