• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have not been compensated due retro-pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarahbethany98

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I had not been getting paid my correct salary for the first five months I was employed at my current employer. As of last month, they just began paying me correctly, but I have never been compensated for the incorrect pay that occurred during my first five months. What am I entitled to?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

sarahbethany98

I have an offer letter which states my salary that I was required to sign when I accepted the job. Could that be considered a bona fide cotract?

mlane58

I have an offer letter which states my salary that I was required to sign when I accepted the job. Could that be considered a bona fide cotract?
No an offer letter is just that an offer. The offer letter spells out what the employer anticipates will happen. It is not setting out a guarantee that nothing will ever change, and you do not want it to. If the offer letter were carved in stone, you could never receive a pay raise, or an increase in benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">