• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I haven't received payment for the past 3 months!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rcervantes

:confused::mad:

I work as an Independent Contractor. I started working for a E-waist recycling company some time in February. My job was to collect electronic devices mostly T.V's, Computer and Computer monitors and take them to the company. In order for me to receive payment for them i had to provide them with verifications on to who/where i had gotten these items from, which i did! Everything was ok until 3 months ago. They started giving me the run around about my payment. That they hadn't verified my things yet and to give them some time. Then that they weren't being paid by the state etc...
I called them like a week and a half a ago and the owner told me that the state had already sent them a check and that i would have my money in 10 days. Now i called them to confirm everything was still ok and one of the emplees told me that the they haven't received a check from the state. I spoke to the owner and he told me that he needed me to wait another week or so. They have been having me like this for the past 3 months. They never give me a specific date on to when they are going to pay me. They owe me and some one else over 5 thousand dollars each. I feel they are just trying to avoid paying us. I wanted some advice on to what i had to do in order for me to get payment from this company. I filled a complaint with the better business bureau but i'm not sure if they can help...

Los Angeles, Ca.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

The BBB cannot help; they only address consumer issues.

As an independent contractor, wage and hour laws do not apply to you. You would have to file a civil suit; small claims court would probably work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">