• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal payroll deductions in pa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pac72

state- pa

without going into a long post..i reciently quit a small co that does contract work for sears ( primarily tv pick up & install )
i quit a week ago last friday..and when i returned the van there was a new in the box tv i didnt get to install before i quit..
now a week later i get my paycheck and they have deducted $528 for "damages deduction" then another $120 for gas payment deductions..
no proof of any damages or pictures etc...
now per my ex supervisor the tv was damaged...where and when is not documented to me..
so he has basically deducted my entire paycheck on his whim.

and of course the remainder of the check is bouncing..( nsf )
according to my limited research accidental damages / truck fuel arent legally
allowed to be deducted from my check..

if anyone would like to help me make it hurt for this fly by night guy id appreciate the assistance.

as of now im planning of going thru the state of pa dept of labor..
his check was refused at his bank..i deposited it in my acct to start
the paper trail for the nsf check

like said- i want to make it hurt this guy

pac72

i have filled out the online form..when/if they are found guilty- are there
damages that may be awarded to me ?

pac72

and during the course of today..ive contacted 2 other former employees..

one has been to court because the employer has been deducting court ordered
payments from his check and not submitted them to the state..he hadnt paid the state since june..now im sure the state is going after their due $

and another guy who has been owed 60 hrs past for 2 mo who quit this past saturday- he is going thru dept of labor also..

the more i learn it seems this lowlife will be spending alot of time in court

wonder if i will actually ever collect a penny ?

ecmst12

You need to adjust your priorities. This is not about hurting your former employer. This is about getting the money you are owed. You will get that money. You won't get anything extra.

pac72

if he would have just followed the law id be happy to just have whats owed to me..seeing the bs way he saw fit to just basically just scoop my pay back into his pocket..then have the small amount left be nsf at his bank..
so now im looking at nsf fees at MY bank...time wasted trying to cash
his worthless check..
granted to some $700 + dollars isnt much but when he illegally deducts
about 85% of that...then to find the rest is nsf...i tend to get pissed..

wish self help was permitted in pa - as id just take a bat to the lowlife..

but i want to make myself whole again..now seeing he actually has damaged
me by illegal deductions , presenting me w a worthless payroll check..

that aint paying my now due bills ..so yes i want punitive $ if allowed..

as of today i know at least 3 past employees going after him for the same
issues..

i will do my best to sink this lowlife ( legally ) i can

so you dont think if this takes months to resolve-i shouldnt recieve damages
cause of his illegal actions ?

pac72

so then...he has a history of doing buisness this way..and you are advising me to not try and put a stop to it ? let him continue in his illegal buisness conduct ? im TRYING TO STOP IT..there are new people there now who will get screwed by him soon..he must be stopped..

and if i can do it i shall...

things of mine you shouldnt screw with
1-my wife
2-my pay
3-my motorcycles

Proserpina

so then...he has a history of doing buisness this way..and you are advising me to not try and put a stop to it ? let him continue in his illegal buisness conduct ? im TRYING TO STOP IT..there are new people there now who will get screwed by him soon..he must be stopped..

and if i can do it i shall...

things of mine you shouldnt screw with
1-my wife
2-my pay
3-my motorcycles

I don't think there's enough rolly eyes in the world to answer this really dumb post.

No offense, OP.

pac72

ok then..ill just be happy w what the state does..

even though i feel like some damages should be awarded..at least interest.

you are late on bills..you are charged late fees/ utilities can be shut off..

practice illegal buisness practices...ok just pay the guy a few months later..
yea..just pay him what ya owed him a few months ago..

are at least my nsf fees my bank will charge me be recoverable on his rubber check ?

How are you entitled to NSF fees? You essentially wrote bad checks. In your original post you first took the check to the bank it was drawn on and learned his account didn't have the funds. Then you deposited it to get a paper trail. THEN, knowing all that you wrote checks on the money?

las365

I don't think there's enough rolly eyes in the world to answer this really dumb post.

No offense, OP.
It was the "no offense" part that made me rofl. :eek:

In OP's defense, my impression was that he wrote checks thinking that the paycheck would clear. But I could be wrong.

pac72

so then..when this comes to court..i walk in w a check..well..this was nsf..
when i presented it to his bank they refused to cash it..i asked for documentation to the fact..i was informed that wasnt possible...
so..how do i do document the fact of the nsf check w/o depositing it...( i want the nsf documentation )

lets see..i walk into court..well heres the check..it was nsf...well they said it was...i NEVER wrote checks against it..it was deposited into my savings..

how else can i prove the nsf status of the check to the court w/o proper documentation...wouldnt it basically here-say w/o the nsf paperwork provided
by the bank ???

Last edited:

eerelations

Continuing to post here is going to get you nada. Working with the PA DOL is the place to get results. (As you've been told several times.) If they're not the results you want, that's too bad, there's nothing you can do about that. Period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">