• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm being railroaded.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FedUp2

What is the name of your state? KY

This is the first of many questions I have. In a feeble attempt to get me to quit, my supervisor told me today that I have to work as many hours as it takes to get the job done or I should find a new career. First off, I am an exempt employee, so I know I'm "expected" to work more than 40 hrs per week. But when its pretty much "demanded" that I work 12 or more hours every day, thats bad. I've been with this company 6 1/2 yrs in the same position, and have never heard anything like this. In fact, this company has always told us...."we want you home by 5, so you can enjoy your family." A good portion of my job is driving from place to place every day. It may take me 1/2 hr to 2 hrs to get to my first assignment. I have a laptop & printer in my car and everything should be completed on site. I could go on & on, but my first real question is...Is there a law re: how many hours a week an exempt person is expected to work or a limit on those hours? Thanks. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions later.What is the name of your state?

pattytx

That IS the expectation of exempt employees. You have no LEGAL right to expect anything else and there is NOTHING in the law, with the exception of some specific safety-related jobs, such as pilot or interstate trucker) that limits the amount of hours an exempt employee, or for that matter, a nonexempt employee) can work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">