• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

L&I payroll deductions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peg47

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
Washington
I just found out that the company I work for, in the past, was deducting more for L&I payment that they were suppose to deduct. I understand they were told they had to pay the overage back to the employees. They have not done so to date. Apparently, they were deducting money from us for off duty time we were on standby. They were suppose to be deducting only the time we were on duty. I am a commercial motor coach driver and we have company permission to log off duty for time frames in excess of 15 min. increments. They were taking money out for the entire time including standby time as well as on duty time and driving time. What can I do to get the monies owed to me? This involves a company pool of 60+ employees. Management has been sitting on this money as most of the employees are not aware this was done.

pattytx

There are a lot of "apparently"s and "I understand that..."s in your post. I suggest you contact the state Dept. of Labor to inquire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">