• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Labor Law Violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Austinm13

Hi, I'm a 17 year old from New Jersey, myself as well as other minors had been overworked, I personally had been scheduled no less than 50 hours during the school year and no less than 80 during the summer. I was receiving overtime pay however but I was the Assistant General Manager at 17, left in charge of minors and adults alike. A few of the minors working there however did not have working papers, I had filed labor board complaints anonymously and the restaurant was shut down. It was a franchisee owned Sonic Drive-in. I was wondering if I'd be eligible to receive any type of commission of sorts for the violations, I'm not sure if that'd count as a form of abuse, Also there were minors operating all sorts of machinery and chemical we were not permitted to by law. When I spoke up to the general manager then the owners about the violations they ignored it. Please Help I really would like to know if there's anything I could do to get some type of justice for this situation.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Shame you filed the complaint anonymously. Even if any comp was due, and unless you were paid incorrectly there wasn't, they don't know who you are and they aren't going to pay any attention to someone who calls up and says, "Oh, by the way, I was the one who filed that complaint..."

adjusterjack

You got your pay and your overtime.

You got the place shut down.

Violations are between the business and the state.

You're not entitled to anything else.

Move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">