• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Last paycheck not received

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

user2015

I was recently employed by the United States Postal Service (USPS) in California and was discharged while on probation. My last day was at the end of August and I still have not received my last paycheck. I called them 3 times already about the situation and they said they will get back to me which they haven't. When I finally did speak to someone about my situation, they mentioned to me that there was no record of my work schedule and that they could not see how many days I have actually worked. However, they claim that they still have a check that will be processed for me. This causes concern for myself as I have phone records of the post office calling me in to work (I was not given an official schedule), and I had a time card which should have records of me clocking in and out.

Now it has been 3 weeks since my last day and I do not believe I have made any progress in receiving my check. I contacted the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement of California and they mentioned to me that they have no jurisdiction over the USPS in that I would need to contact my union representative. When I spoke to my union rep, he told file an EEO claim. I mentioned if there was any possible penalties against the USPS for not providing me my check by the next pay date, which was last week. He said he did not have any information on it and would get back to me, just as the payroll manager said he would.

My question is, although the USPS is a Federal agency, could I take the USPS to small claims to receive my paycheck and any other penalties that may have been incurred? I have been late on some of my bills because of this incident and I am wondering if that can be added as well.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for taking the time to read.

eerelations

I have no idea why you were told to contact the EEOC. Nothing in your post indicates the EEOC would have any interest in your claim.

File your wage claim with the federal DOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">