• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

late pay, & taxed same for commission/hrly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karam

What is the name of your state?I live in California. This is the second time my employer has paid me late. The first time was three days, this time, he has said the check is in the mail, going on day seven. Is this legal? and what can I do? I now have two over drafts on my account because my check is a direct deposit, and the money should have been in on time. The second question, is that I am now being taxed the same for my hourly wage, as well as my commission on the same check at the same time. These are new owners, and for the past 4 years we were only taxed on the hourly, not the commission. Which is correct?
Thanks,
Karam

zippysgoddess

Well the overdrafts are not the responsibility of your employer, you should not have checks out on money that isn't there yet. You can contact your states department of labor to complain and have them look into your being paid late.

As to the taxes, yes you have to pay taxes on EVERYTHING you earn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">